Wednesday, February 27, 2013

How To Achieve Success in HR


First of all let’s define success.

In my opinion, success is achieving what you set out to achieve. The question now is, how do you achieve what you want? There is any number of answers to this question and many books have been written on the subject.
However, I think the answer, at least most of the time is, “Sponsorship”. In other words you need someone who has the power to grant you access to your desires. This does not mean that they are a Genie and simply grant your wish. Rather, they open doors, provide support, grant access, etc. that assist you in gaining your objective.

I know in my case I cannot make it alone. Among other things, I need the support of my clients, a favorable reaction from my prospects, a referral from a colleague, support from my mentors, and helpful feedback from those who want me to succeed. Granted, I often need to earn that support but regardless of my capabilities, someone who has more support than I will most likely be more successful.

What do you think?
by Michael Salisbury from the Human Resource Alliance (HRA) www.hralliance.biz

No comments:

Post a Comment